I usually like to add filters to my pictures but I wanted to post the pics to the left in the actual color. So...the piece that I made last night...wow, the color really changed once it was dry. I expected to lose shine..maybe not that much. But, then again, I did buy matte...but the color? Wow, it really looks darker now that it is dry, and translucent. This is my first go at working with modeling paste, I chose it for the texture. I may revisit CED #100 at some point to try and get some of that color and shine back...
As for tonight...it was another textural experiment...guess I will see what happens with the color and opacity tomorrow. One thing that I think I need to push more is integrating the texture more into the overall piece, not confining it just to the hair. But then again, I do like the emphasis that it creates to have the texture of the hair stand out so much...not sure how I will approach this in the next piece. Even though it is 'finished' the concept is still very much a work in progress.
So anyway, here is CED #101;
...before I forget...I downloaded the photos I took yesterday after I first sketched out the Star Wars pieces along with the original picture that I used as the basis for the drawing. Of course, I added my own spin on each one...really loving large eyes lately..
I heart blue backgrounds.
...I started working on the backgrounds...I am not sure what approach I will take to painting these, but I figured painting the background was fairly low-commitment. Another 'wait and see'...
Hmmm....maybe I will actually attempt more than five hours of sleep tonight...
...just a gal trying to get this art out of my soul to share with the world on a DAILY basis...no big deal...check out my ramblings!-JLG